Monday 2 July 2012

The beautiful blogger award | I tag you all!

I don't tend to join in with these tag posts. Don't get me wrong I enjoy reading them yet sometimes I don't have the time in between other posts I have on the go. But how could I refuse when the lovely Emma tagged me in this?


Rules
Thank the person that nominated you and link to her blog.
I was nominated by Emma from Beauty by Emma. Thank you Emma. Emma is actually one of my sponsors this month so please go and take a peek at her blog by clicking here.

Tell us how the idea of making a blog popped up and what makes you continue it?
About 2 years ago I was browsing through YouTube (like you do) and I stumbled across a girl called Ashley. She was just a normal girl chatting about makeup and beauty products and from that moment I was hooked. I guess I never really saw this side of YouTube. I always associated it to stupid videos of peoples cats etc and never knew that it had this other side. Before long I was subbed to a dozen channels all of which I still watch today. Over time my curiosity got the better of me and whilst I would never have the balls to get in front of the camera (hat off to you girls that do) I went about looking into ways that I could vent my love of beauty products and makeup without having to put myself on YouTube. That's when just under a year ago I discovered the wonderful world of beauty blogs, opened an account with blogger and the rest is history.

Describe a usual day of your life.
I work full time as an electrical design engineer. This means that a majority of my working week is spent in an office in front of a computer. A typical day will start at 8am meaning that I will get up about 7ish and get ready to leave my house at about 7.50am. I am lucky in the sense my office is only a 5-10 minute drive from my house. I will then grab a coffee at work and read through a mountain of emails before working my way through a variety of projects. By 4pm I am ready to go home and then the evening usually consists of preparing some blog posts, reading blogs and catching up with my boyfriend.

The best collaboration with a blogger.
I have not experienced this yet but can't imagine judging by the people I have met that it would be a 'bad' experience with any.

Worst collaboration with a blogger.
See above.

Describe what having this blog means to you.
To me it has been a way to meet like minded people who share the same love for cosmetics and makeup as I do. It has allowed me to discover brands that I had never even heard of and discover products that I would not have tried had it not been for the blogging community. I guess that in sense it is like having my own little space in the big world wide web to share my own thoughts and feelings and is something that I am very proud of.

Nominate 5 other bloggers
Ah, can I cheat slightly? 
I nominate all you wonderful people that take the time to read my blog. So go ahead and follow this on :-) I'd love to read your responses to please pop them in the comments bar below!

Facebook / Twitter / Bloglovin'