Wednesday 8 August 2012

Stumble Upon | How often do you stumble?

Do you use Stumble Upon? If you have not heard of this site then perhaps I can assume you have been under a rock somewhere without access to the world wide web. If you have heard of this, then I am not trying to teach you to suck eggs so please forgive me. I do however know that there will be some people that do not use this and whilst there are a great variety of social media tools to promote your blog I do think that this little site is invaluable. Plus I have found some great sites via it which I may not have found otherwise.

The idea of the site is that you set up a free account and then update your profile to reflect your interests. Stumble Upon then recognises these interests and picks pages that might be of interest to you. If you do not like a page you simply click the 'stumble' button and move onto the next.

Since I started blogging though I have used it to market my blog by adding every single post to it. This allows people to find my blog based on their interests. Pretty nifty hey?

Once you are done simply click the 'add this page' button and your post will be live for the whole world to find! It's as simple as that. 

Apologies if this comes off as somewhat patronising thats not my intention. Over my time blogging I have seen a lot of new bloggers asking how to market their blog. I just want to highlight that there are free ways to get your blog out there more without spamming or paying for advertisements!