Friday 3 August 2012

Paris | Living the dream...

Image source - weheartit.com

If you follow me on the world that is Twitter then you may have heard that I am lucky enough to be going to Paris at the end of the month. Beyond excited is an understatement. Aside from my first love which is New York, Paris has always been on my '30 before 30 list'. As I approach 28 this year, and my boyfriend not being so keen on the idea of the city I was getting  a tad worried that perhaps it just was not meant to be. However as we are planning the first stages of getting a place to call 'ours' a huge holiday budget was out of the question which meant a romantic getaway was called for. My lovely boyfriend, Chris, knowing how much this trip meant to me agreed and so we booked it and I could not be more happy! Cue a happy dance moment!

Now don't get me wrong, as a beauty blogger, I will be making a few cheeky beauty purchases (hello, Sephora) but there is something so magical about the city that I can't wait to explore. Being an ex 'A level' art student means that my love of art has always been with me. It does sadden me a tad that I no longer have the drive to pick up a paintbrush but its not something I  rule out in the future. The opportunity to see the Mona Lisa is beyond exciting for me. Personally, I'm not too fussed about the painting per se, generally I prefer the likes of Salvador Dali and Andy Warhol, but its such an iconic piece that I can't not see it. I am rather interested to hear its not quite the size of that featured in Bean the movie, haha! 

So I have put together a list of things I want to see/do. I don't for one moment believe I will see it all in as little as 4 days but its a start, so if you have been to 'Oui Paris' then let me know some ideas and things not to miss! 


 I am hoping to take my MAC book with me so that I can blog whilst over there but I am checking the insurance policy on my laptop at the moment so I do not want to commit at the moment but be sure to follow me on instagram for lots of outfits of the days and sight seeing, I am @beckysmakeup

Have you been to Paris and what are your top beauty goodies I should pick up? I know I will be stocking up on Bioderma and attempting to get my hands on some MUF HD foundation!

PS. My boyfriend and I are going to view an apartment tomorrow, this could be the one, so wish me luck :-)