Monday 16 April 2012

V05 Miracle Concentrate

Photobucket
I was always the type of girl to avoid oil based products like the plague. Having a tad oily skin and a tendency for oily roots means that I am constantly fighting a battle to keep my over producing glands at bay. Yet, if you read my last skin care post here then you will know that I had a slight change of heart  terms of oil based products. Not only have I introduced them into my skincare but now my hair care too and soon to be body after  cheeky l'Occitane purchase on the Feel Unique website, oops!

For some time now I have been eyeing up Morrocon oil, a beauty bloggers favourite, but the hefty price tag has always put me off. So when I saw this cheeky little number in the form of V05 Miracle Concentrate for less than a fiver in Superdrug, I had to have it. V05 Miracle Concentrate promises to leave hair incredibly silky smooth, add shine and more importantly reduce damage caused by the effects of blow drying with its magic ingredient - Argan oil. Argan oil is fairly new on the high street hair market but has been slowly making a name for itself due to its restorative and strengthening properties. In recent weeks I have been trying to reduce the amount of heat I apply to my hair. So rather than washing, blowdrying and straightening in the morning, my new routine consists of washing the night before and allowing to dry naturally before styling in the morning. Whilst my hair is still in the damp stage I slather on about 1-2 pumps of V05 Miracle Concentrate which I find is ample amount for my shoulder length tresses. The formulation is that of any oil and it smells ridiculously nice, think salon treatment, fresh and lingering. 

In the morning my hair feels incredibly soft and manageable but also has a shine which it lacked beforehand. This lightweight serum is so easy to apply and does not leave my hair feeling oily, heavy or coated in product which some restorative treatments in my own experience can. This new routine has not only been a saviour to my hair but has also saved me a hell of a lot of time in the mornings (hello extra time in bed!) which I certainly can't complain about :-). The good thing about this product is that it can be used on dry hair too, a half pump smoothed over the hair after styling acts as a serum whilst adding a perfect shine to your hair.