Sunday 1 April 2012

Monthly Roundup #1

So here I am chilling on a Sunday evening with a glass of Pinot Noir and it suddenly dawned on me that not only is it the 1st April today (where has this year gone) but more importantly I had not done my monthly favourites. Before I start though I have decided to re-name these post Monthly roundups...more for the fact that I have so many favourites per month that some might end up coming up time and time again and that could become rather boring so these posts will focus on the stand out products of the month and any new products I have tried and tested. So, without further a do monthly roundup #1

#1 The Sanctuary Body Butter
I tend to buy body butters with the good intention of using and then they sit in a drawer somewhere never to be touched again, not this time though I have made it my mission (and succeeded) in almost finishing this giant tub and my skin has thanked me for it, it has never been so soft.
#2 Collection 2000 Cream Puff in Cotton Candy 
I have spoken about these in a previous post, and they have been left a little neglected yet at the moment I am into the mattified lip with a hint of colour and these give that 'bitten' lip effect. 
#3 The Sanctuary Face Oil 
What can I say I am loving The Sanctuary at the moment and again I have already written about this. There was a time where I would not allow oil products within a 10 mile radius of my oily/combo skin but now I am embracing the oils and can't get enough of this stuff. I mix it with my moisturiser on mornings when I need a little extra oomph. 
#3 Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
If you don't own this, then you should. It is pricey at £41 for 30ml but this will last forever. I douse this on after cleansing at night prior to my moisturiser and in the morning my skin feels better for it. 
#4 Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic 
I got a small travel size of this with my hot cloth cleanser but it was a spray and I kind of neglected it until I ran out of my normal toner and had to use it and then thought why the hell have I not used this before? Its bloody lovely so after I used all of the sample sized I hot footed it to John Lewis to pick up the 200ml. This leaves my skin cleansed, refreshed and hydrated all at the same time.
#5 Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid
After trying a sample of this from Glamour it was love at first testing and had to get the full size! This leaves my skin feeling like I am not wearing anything but covers all imperfections perfectly. You can read my full review here
#6 YSL Touche Eclat 
I had this years ago and used it all up and just never re-purchased however whilst in Harrods the other weekend I was browsing the cosmetics hall and found it again and have been loving it ever since. When you have early mornings like me then anything that brightens and conceals is a must have. 

Well thats all I have for this month, I thought I would of had more but hey ho. Let me know if you have tried any of these products and what you think?