Sunday 22 April 2012

Jemma Kidd Light as Air Foundation Review

A few months ago before I fell in love with the EL invisible fluid foundation I bought the Jemma Kidd Light as Air. I had heard some good reviews about this product and at the time I was searching for a lighter day foundation to replace my double wear. So I headed off on my mission to Space NK, but guess what? They had sold out. Despite this they still had testers on display so after matching myself I opted for shade 3 light/medium I made a sly purchase on the Feel Unique website and a few days later was the proud new owner of this little gem. This has been sat a little unloved in my drawer for a few weeks as I have been getting through the EL foundation like there is no tomorrow. But yesterday feeling like a bit of a change I dug it out and fell instantly back in love.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Now this isn't the cheapest of foundations priced at £25 but is a pretty average price for a higher end foundation. Jemma Kidd is not a brand that I have used before so I am always excited when it comes to trying new products by a brand other than my usual. Packaged in standard black with a fuscia pink logo this does not scream high end, but on a whole its aesthetically pleasing on the eye. The name kind of gives it away that this is not a heavy foundation but what surprised me the most was how liquified this product really is, you have to be very careful when removing the lid as it has a tendency to escape on you if held downwards. I apply this as per usual using my real techniques buffing brush, but instead of applying to the back of my hand and then using product as and when I find that this product works better applied directly to the brush, I then stipple it over my face and buff it into my skin. The good thing about the consistency of the product is that the formulation means a little really does go a long way. And when you are spending 20 odd quid on a product you want it to last. The product blends well into the skin leaving a flawless finish without sinking into creases or looking cakey. I would say this is a medium coverage in comparison to the EL double wear which is a full on full coverage. But it gives enough coverage to even your skin tone and cover any minor blemishes whilst still allowing ones own skin to breathe. In hindsight I would of opted for the lighter shade as I do find that as the day progresses that this does have a tendency to darken. As for durability, this lasts pretty much all day bar the need to touch up a tad throughout the day whereby it has moved slightly, but I find wearing this over a good primer such as Benefits Porefessional does a good job in keeping it in place.

In a nutshell I was pretty pleased with this foundation although it has slowly been replaced by the EL invisible fluid as I do find that they have a more extensive colour range for which I was able to find a precise match. With the JK I feel that the colour range is a tad limited given that it is a higher end foundation, it is only available in 5 shades ranging from light to medium beige. With its high SPF of 18 this is not the best to wear on a  night out with flash photography, this is definitely more suited as an everyday foundation which I would highly recommend for those looking for a lighter foundation with maximum coverage.