Monday 28 May 2012

MAC oil control lotion

MAC oil control lotion reviewMAC oil control lotion swatchA few months ago I went on a little MAC splurge and ended up walking away with their oil control lotion. Priced at £12 for 30ml this is pretty reasonable for a higher end brand. Having never tried any of MAC's skin care products this was a good place to start. If you are a frequent reader of my blog then you will know that I have oily to combo skin leaning more towards the oily side which has a tendency to get more shiny during hotter weather. This seems to be the case now so I dug this out to test the water. This is a hybrid of a serum and a cream. A light consistency which blends well and absorbs into the skin quickly which means no waiting around for it to dry. On initial application I found that it mattified my face and gave a perfect canvas for applying makeup however onto whether it actually keeps oil at bay. MAC deems this the ultimate no-shine base for oil control which is formulated to keep the skin PH balanced and allow makeup to bond to the skin meaning fewer touch ups throughout the day.  Whilst I found that this gave a good base for makeup it did very minimal to actually reducing the amount of oil produced during the day and I found that I still needed to touch up my foundation as much had I not used this product. I really wanted to love this product as I am always looking for a breakthrough product that does actually reduce the amount of oil I produce during the day but this wont be replacing my blotting papers any time soon. Aside from this though I don't think this product is an absolute dud as it does make my skin feel smoother meaning I can achieve a flawless finish when applying liquid foundations. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has tried this and whether they had different results?