Wednesday 9 May 2012

Essie Peach Daquiri and Seche Vite Top Coat

Essie Peach DaquiriEssie Peach Daquiri
Its no secret that my love for Essie nail polishes has become a slight obsession and I was first in the queue to purchase them online from Superdrug when they launched their diffusion line. Not only does this line have a selection of their most popular shades but it also features a new larger brush which I kid you not has made applying nail polish like a pro an absolute breeze. So when I teamed my new Essie polishes with my other great love in the nail polish family - Seche Vite top coat I found a match made in heaven. If I had to choose 2 products at the moment then these 2 would win hands down. Peach Daquiri is a vibrant verging on neon coral. I'm not quite sure where the peach comes into this, if I look closely I can see slight peach undertones but aside from this it is verging on a vibrant orange/coral tone.  The one thing I have discovered with Essie polishes is that the formulation can be a tad watery hence the need for 2-3 coats to achieve a perfect opaque colour but the drying time between coats is so good that I am willing to overlook this based on the amazing colour payoff end results. The Seche Vite applied on the top is the icing on the cake. Not only is my nail polish bone dry within a matter of minutes it allows me to have chip free polish for up to a week. Prior to this I would always have to re-apply my polish mid week but now I have found I can complete my weekly manicure on a Sunday and be good for the rest of the week. Amazing huh?