Saturday 16 June 2012

The Imperfect bun - Donut style


TopKnot
(not the most flattering of angles, excuse BIG head!)

Everytime I see a girl with a perfect top knot, I feel a pang of jealousy inside. Take Zoe from Zoella she manages to perfect the perfect imperfect up do every time. For starters I have long, very fine hair, albeit lots of it but it lacks volume and oomph so to speak. Therefore any 'bun' usually resembles a pineapple party piece as opposed to a chic 'I've made an effort but I haven't' type of look. That was until I discovered the donut! Where have you been all my life? After traipsing to Boots and picking one up for a couple of quid I got to work experimenting. Given its not perfect by any means but it definitely gave my hair a more voluminous effect. All I did was gather all my hair in a high pony, slip the donut over, wrapped hair and pinned with a dozen kirby grips. Simples. I find this works better on 'unwashed' hair which is perfect for in-between washes without looking like you have made zilch effort. Keep your eyes peeled for my next post which is another 'hair' one.