Monday 18 June 2012

Essie Diffusion Line - My collection & Swatches!

Firstly, I hope you all had a cracking weekend! For once in a blue moon my bf managed to get the entire weekend off of work which meant lots of drinking, eating, followed by some shopping and a quick visit to the cinema to see Men in Black III, unfortunately I had not seen any of the previous films so did not have a scooby what was going on, but it was pretty good none the less and Will Smith is pretty easy on the eye. But this does mean that having been to see 2 of my Chris's choices in a row that I shall get the pick for the next 2 films (hopefully). So, apologies for there being a lack of a Sunday post, I have been trying to post on a more daily basis. This was meant to be a 'hair' post yet I managed to clean up my camera and delete the photo's I had taken for that post so I shall have to re-shoot this week. 

Ever since Superdrug/Boots launched the Essie diffusion line, I instantly fell in love with the range. Suffice to say I have accumulated rather a collection over the past month or so. So much so that it deserved a post dedicated. Not only do these apply like a dream thanks to their new wider brush, but the colour range is right up my street.
Essie Nail Polishes (swatches)Essie Diffusion Nail Polishes (swatches)EssieDiffusionLineSwatches

001 Lilacism. I am not a big fan of lilacs but there was something about this colour I was drawn to. 2 coats achieves a fairly opaque colour with a 3rd coat adding a slightly more intensity. This is a colour that looks better on than in the bottle, and is perfect for summer. 
002 Fiji. There has been some speculation about the application of this and I am inclined to agree. It does take several coats for an opaque look I am happy with and can apply a tad streaky but this is the perfect nude pale pink. 
003 Peach Daiquiri - This is a gorgeous juicy summer colour. I love this applied with my Seche Vite for the ultra gloss look. You can see my post on this here.  
004 Tart Deco - This is the perfect peach colour. Think a more intense Barry M peach melba but a much easier application. 
005 Mint Candy Apple - A bloggers favourite theres not much to say about this one. My only gripe is that it can be tricky to apply without streaking and does need a good few coats for an intense colour so you need a little time on your hands to apply. 
006 Merino Cool - One of my favourites. 2 coats of this and I am ready to go. This is a gorgeous muted  greyish purple colour. 
007 Finally, Cute as a button. I have been dying to try this out and was lucky enough to win this as a part of a giveaway which you can see my post on here! This is the ultimate neon summer colour verging between a pink and an orange. 

The Essie diffusion line is available in selected Boots and Superdrugs stores or you can purchase online for £7.99