Tuesday 6 March 2012

Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup

Hi Beauties, 

I recently got hold of a sample (1.5ml) of Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup free with Glamour Magazine which I have been waiting for an opportunity to try. Today was that day and in lieu of my usual MAC Studio Fix Fluid I used this. I'm not one to try testers, they usually end up thrown in the back of a drawer or in the bin so I am making a conscious effort to try them.


Firstly what Estee Lauder says about the product...

See no makeup. Feel no makeup™.

First-ever IntuiTone™ technology guarantees your true-to-life shade and keeps it real in every light.Fresh, flawless, radiant. Ultra light, ultra breathable, oil-free. It will change how you feel about makeup forever. In long-lasting shades for every beautiful skin tone. Weightless, buildable coverage. Air-infused with every shake. Blends so perfectly for the look and feel of bare skin-only better. Lasts all day. Controls excess oil. Won't clog pores.

I applied this using my RT buffing brush and was amazed at how easily it applied and how much coverage it gave for a 'light' foundation. I will admit my skins behaving and is pretty good at the moment (touch wood) so I don't need quite as much coverage as my normal foundation, this kind of gave the effect of my skin but better. I always set with a powder regardless although this pretty much sets itself, and although its not a full matte finish, more semi-matte it kept shine at bay all day without the need to re-apply powder.

Now onto the wear of it, sometimes I can find that my foundation can slip around during the day and hide in the creases under my eyes etc due to the oily nature of my face, yet I did not find that with this product and although you could see in places such as around the nose it had worn off slightly, it had not worn off in a highly noticeable way. 8 hours later when I arrived home my skin still looked pretty flawless and although you can see that I am wearing makeup to an extent, its very subtle and natural, the way I like it. 

Would I purchase this product? 100% yes, in fact I am checking out the website now. The colour in the sample was 2WN1 and was a spot on match for my skin type. This foundation retails at £27 so its pretty pricey for a foundation but will last you a long time used sparingly. 

Have you tried this yet?