Sunday 17 February 2013

ORIGINS DRINK UP - INTENSIVE OVERNIGHT MASK


There always seems to be that one product sitting in my skincare collection that I always return to. I might not use it everyday but its there, ready to be resurrected when my skin needs a little something something. In my case its the Origins drink up intensive overnight mask. Being an avid lover of Origins products this was a good shout in the beauty community and I snapped it up almost immediately. Like all Origins products, its filled to the brim with natural ingredients and as ever does exactly what it says on the tin! 

90% of the time I suffer from an oily T-zone, often highlighted by my rather visible pores but then every so often generally during the winter months I will have a dry spell where small patches of dryness will appear. I try to avoid using a heavy moisturiser during the day as this only emphasises the oilyness but using an overnight fix seems to alleviate that problem. Origins drink up intensive overnight mask is a mask which is applied directly before bed, after cleansing. It has a mildly thick gel like consistency with a ridiculously addictive almost fruity aroma. So at £20 a pop what are you getting for your money? Described as a moisture replacement mask it is jam packed with avocado oil and apricot kernel oil which is designed to replace the moisture lost throughout the day and act as a barrier to prevent premature aging - yes please! I usually apply this directly before I am ready to hit the pillow. It does feel a tad 'wet' to start with as it sits on the skin for a while however by morning your skin has literally drunk the product and my skin definitely feels plumper. A quick rinse off with my latest favourite Emma Hardie Cleansing balm and cue the perfect base for makeup!

Have you tried this overnight mask?