Tuesday 21 February 2012

A Personal Journey


Hey Everyone, 

This post is slightly different to my usual and is going to be a little personal and a little explanation to my absence for the forthcoming days/weeks. 

About 2 years ago I was referred to the hospital under their Maxillofacial clinic for treatment to correct my bite. In case you were not aware Maxillofacial refers to treatment to the face or head such as jaw surgery. Basically, due to an overbite I am having corrective surgery to bring my botton jaw forward. This is something that has been an issue since I was younger yet has only started to cause issues later in life. The operation itself is all happening on Friday (eek). Its a 3 hour operation and I am told it is not so much as painful but uncomfortable afterwards, but to say I am nervous is an understatement. I am being admitted to the hospital on Thursday and will be coming home Saturday, permitted there are no complications. As I am sure that you can imagine I will need time to recover before I can be running around with a camera and testing new makeup products :) 

Of course I hope to keep up to date with you all and will be keeping in touch via twitter so be sure to follow me @beckysMABBlogs. 

Although the recovery time off work is estimated at approx 4 weeks I do hope to be blogging way before that so watch this space!