Wednesday 1 February 2012

Paul Mitchell Hot Off The Press Thermal Protection Spray

Hey Everyone, 

Like most girls, I love getting my hair done. I love the whole feeling of being pampered and leaving the salon feeling like a new woman. However whilst I love the expensive salon products my hairdresser uses, I rarely purchase as I usually feel that I can get much less expensive products that do the job on the High Street. That was until on my last visit my hairdresser used a new Paul Mitchell Thermal Protection Spray!


  The moment I smelt the waves of product under my nose, I knew I had to have it! Available exclusively to salons Paul Mitchell Hot Off The Press Thermal Protection Spray is a mist used on dry hair to protect against damage from heated appliances such as straighteners and curling tongs. 

I for one am first to admit that using my GHD's on a daily basis I have more often than not applied them to unprotected hair and committed a cardinal hair sin for which my hair has paid the price. Now don't get me wrong, I have bought many a hair protectant spray and tried to get along with it, but I just hate the pump sprays that leave my hair feeling damp and sticky and often feel like they are doing more harm than good when I see the steam penetrate from my hair as the iron touches it. 

This product is none of the above, it comes out in a mist so coats every single strand of hair and you would not even know the product was on your hair other than for the absolutely gorgeous scent which I can only describe as a luxurious fruity smell. 

Priced at approximately £13  this is slightly pricier than many cheaper versions available on the High Street but I now see my hair as an investment and if I am going to spend so much money on having it cut, coloured and styled then the least I can do is look after it in between trims! Trust me my hair has thanked me for it in the long run, it no longer breaks as soon as the irons come near it and it smells gorgeous at the same time. 

This product is only available at salons therefore in order to ensure that you do get a 'real' product and not a counterfeit then call around your salons and see which ones stock Paul Mitchell. Being such a huge brand in the hairdressing industry most salons will be able to get this for you and I would definitely add this to your hair care routine!

What are your staple hair care products?

Small Disclaimer - All products purchased by me and reviewed for the benefit of my readers. All opinions are honest and my own. I am not in any way associated or affiliated with the company's mentioned.