Thursday 2 February 2012

Current Skincare Regime and Favourite Products

Current Skincare Regime and Favourite Products 



Over time my skin care regime has changed and will probably continue to do so as I discover new products and techniques however with this in mind I thought I would share with you my current routine and favourite products at the moment! My evening and morning regime is pretty much the same although I tend to be more relaxed about it in the morning and may skip certain aspects if I am in a rush for work :)


I got my Clarisonic about 6 months ago or more and I have been in love with it ever since. I tend to use this in the evening with my Liz Earle Hot Polish Cleanser which I then rinse with a clean muslin cloth. In the morning I tend to skip the Clarisonic and just use the cleanser with a muslin cloth. The Clarisonic comes with a sensitive brush head although I invested in the deep pore brush head which is a lot deeper cleansing. 


 After cleansing, I tone. I tend to get dry/oily skin but if I allow it to get dry then it really notices so I use a moisturising toner such as ROC dry skin toner which I apply with a cotton pad. This also ensure that any last dregs of cleanser is removed. 



After toning, I use a pore perfecting serum which claims to minimise pores and blemishes. I love The Body Shop Seaweed Pore Perfecting range which is a light weight serum which sinks into the skin with out feeling greasy.


Moisurising is a must, even though the serum can be used alone it doesn't feel right not moisturising! I Iike to use an oil free moisturiser which allows me to hydrate my skin without causing it to look oily and shiny. This does both by mattifying the skin and hydrating at the same time. This is my first time using a facial product from The Sanctuary and I have to say I am loving it so far!


Finally I use an eye cream. I never used to use an eye cream yet since I started I have noticed a huge difference both when I wake up and in the mornings makeup sits so much better when the under eye area is hydrated. As I get older I realise that it is vital to start now :)




Have you tried any of these products and what is your skin care regime?