Tuesday 2 April 2013

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Urban Decay Primer Potion £15

Urban Decays Eyeshadow Primer Potion has long been an addition to my makeup bag ever since I got the original Naked palette and tested out the sample size. I happened to pick up the full size whilst perusing the UD aisle in House of Fraser whilst my best bud was having her eye makeup done at the counter and haven't looked back since. Bursting with a full 11ml now rather than the original 10ml the primer potion now comes in a nifty tube - say goodbye to wasted product which was the case with the original packaging. There is of course the ongoing debate as to whether primer on your eyelids really does help. As someone that gets rather oily eyelids, eyeshadow literally slips off me, I can safely say that this does work, for me that is. 

The original primer potion actually makes up one of four primer potions which Urban Decay offer.  The original is a plain cream which is applied directly under eyeshadow, dries clear to your skin tone and generally mattes the eyelid area. The other three additions to the primer family are - sin, greed and eden. Sin is more copper similar to its powder eyeshadow sister and can be used alone or under shadow,  Eden more of a yellow toned and Greed a straight up golden tone. 

When it comes to eyeshadow I am less is more kind of girl during the day. And for the office its usually a quick slick of primer followed by a slick of Naked from the original palette over the top generally with a Mac 217 brush which I find is by far the quickest brush to apply. Even for someone like me. This will usually see me through to the end of the day with no creasing. You can usually see some wear of the shadow, I put this down to rubbing my eyes throughout the day usually head on desk in frustration style. As with all Urban Decay products they're not the cheapest on the market but they're not the most expensive either - Tom Ford anyone? An 11ml tube of this will set you back £15 but it will also last you a long long time given that you only need a smidgen per use so its definitely value for money. Now all I need is the other 3 to complete my collection...