Monday 11 March 2013

Bobbi Brown Makeup Lilac Rose Collection SS 2013


Aside from this Chanel Highlighter from their 2013 Spring Collection I am yet to be wowed by a Spring makeup collection. So when I feasted my eyes on the newly released Lilac Rose Collection from Bobbi Brown I was blown away by the colours alone. When someone puts nude, pinks and a touch of shimmer together, I am sold. Brought to you fresh from the runway of #LFW Spring/Summer 13 this Limited Edition collection brings a capsule of nudes, pinks and lilacs. The complete star of the show for me has to be the ridiculously gorgeous Lilac Rose Eye Palette which I have already made a mental note to purchase. . So heres a quick run down of whats included. 

1. Lilac Rose Eye Palette (£45): Featuring eight wearable shades, all pretty neutral with the off stunning lilac and pinks. Every shade in this palette is right up my street and ticks all the boxes I look for in a palette. 
2. Lilac Rose Shimmer Brick (£32): Pink, golden pink, icy pink and pearl pigments altogether in a handy compact - whats not to love! 
3. Nail Polish (£11): Available in 3 new Limited Edition shades - the nude (Roza) which is a pinkish grey colour has really caught my eye. 
4. Sparkle Eyeshadow (£20): Limited Edition Shade Lilac. Probably my least favourite of the bunch. 
5. Brightening Lip Gloss (£17): Limited Edition Shade Pink Lilac. 
6. Blush in Pastel Pink (£18): Pastel Pink is a new limited edition blush which complements their existing blush range. I am a big fan of MAC's Dame blush and this looks very similar. 
7. Lip Gloss (17): Limited Edition shades available in Lilac Rose and Pink Lily. 

So whats the verdict? The only niggle that I have is that I would have liked to have seen a few lipsticks included which they have sadly left out. Being more of a lippy girl than a gloss this would have just been the icing on the cake, but hey you can't win them all.  Aside from the fact that zero lippys have been included this is a pretty sweet collection. If you are a trusted 'Urban Decay Naked Palette' lover and fancy adding a little colour into your collection this could be the perfect intro to colour without being too garish. If pinks are not your thing then step/look away now because this is the ultimate feminine collection. I have a feeling this collection is going to fly off the shelves pretty sharpish, so you are going to have to be quick. Are you going to pick anything up from the Lilac Rose Collection

The Lilac Rose Collection is available now at www.bobbibrown.com - click the link to take you directly to the page.