Tuesday 20 December 2011

The Christmas Tag

I just recently read about the 'Christmas Tag' on Lucys Blog 'Lucy Writes' you can view her blog by clicking here.

I love tags and therefore if you read this please follow it on and leave your links in the
comment bar below so that I can read all your responses :)

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I never actually understood what Egg Nog is and still don't so if someone cares to enlighten me then please comment below as this is not such a big thing in the UK. I would therefore have to say Hot Chocolate.

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrap! Its not Christmas unless the presents are wrapped and bowed...does anyone seriously just sit them under the tree without wrapping?

Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
Always white, it just looks so much more classy however I love seeing the big tacky decorations outside peoples houses!

Do you hang mistletoe?
Yes :)

When do you put your decorations up?
When my family can be bothered to get them out of the loft which is usually the 2nd week of December when the rest of the street has already put theirs up...no one likes to be the first ha

What is your favourite holiday dish?
The Christmas dinner, Turkey, roast potatoes, lots of Cranberry sauce and all the trimmings! As long as I have my Christmas dinner I'm happy!

Favourite Holiday memory as a child? 
Being at my Grandma and Granddads. We would have presents at my mum and dads and then go there for Christmas dinner and then after dinner would be more presents. My grandparents were an inspiration to me and I have never felt as happy and content as I did when with them. If I have a marriage half as good as them then I will be incredibly blessed - they were truly amazing people and I miss them everyday!

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember. Every year my mum and dad would leave presents at the end of our bed and my brother would be the first to find them. I think when my brother stopped 'believing' he probably broke the news to me :(

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? 
No, but we used to when my Aunty and Uncle came on Christmas Eve my dad would allow us one present each!

 How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
With baubles, and lots of sparkle and lights 

Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I hate it. To an extent. I hate the fact that the UK comes to a standstill when it snows. People don't know how to drive in it hence causing accidents and the country is so unprepared for it that generally the roads are unusable yet if I have no where to go then I am happy to play in the snow and have many memories of my dad taking me out in it when I was younger!

Can you ice skate?
Hell yeah, but my bf can't so we don't really go :( I used to go a lot when I was younger with my best mate

Do you remember your favourite gift?
Too many...

What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
My boyfriend and family. Having time off work to just spend it with the ones I love without the need to be anywhere.

What is your favourite Holiday Dessert?
Christmas Pudding without fail! With loads of custard...and it has to be homemade :)

If you read this consider yourself tagged and please follow it on :) Thanks for reading!