Friday 6 April 2012

MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush - Peachykeen

I love a new blush, almost as much as new shoes. Originally I had my heart set on Benefits Coralista after seeing some swatches doing the blog rounds, but I find that the box blushes aren't too travel friendly after my experience with Hoola. So off I trotted to the beauty bloggers favourite, MAC and had a mooch around for something similar. I wasn't looking for a dupe, although I had my heart set on a peachy/coral blush so when I spotted Peachykeen I knew I had to have it. This isn't a name that I was familiar with. Its a deep peachy, coral shade with gold undertones in the form of very fine gold shimmer. But don't threat as despite this being a sheer tone shimmer blush the shimmer is very fine and just gives a subtle highlight in the light so no looking like an extra from Twilight anytime soon.
Photobucket
Sorry about my less than attractive nails in this photo...manicure due soon! 
Photobucket
If you look really carefully then you can see the very fine gold shimmer in it. As with most MAC blushes the pigmentation is spot on and this one is no different. A light dusting over the cheeks gives a really healthy glow whereas you can build the colour up for a more dramatic evening look if you wanted to. I have to say I am loving the peachy, coral colours at the moment which are perfect for spring/summer.