Monday 9 April 2012

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair

Photobucket
Ah, skincare, you either love it or you hate it. Me for instance, I love it. I love discovering new products, and generally doing all I can to maintain my skin at its best. But it comes at a price, as my bank balance will tell you, but I wanted to talk about one product that I am absolutely loving at the moment. 

The Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair is a product I had heard flying around the beauty community but never really thought much of it. Then, about a month ago I decided to give my entire skin care routine an overaul. My existing one just wasn't cutting it so I ventured to House of Fraser with my list in hand and came away with this little beauty and a few freebies to boot.  

This light weight serum is designed to be applied at night before bed prior to your usual moisturiser. The idea is that whilst you are sleeping the active ingredients repair the skin. After 4 weeks of using this product I can't claim it has worked miracles, but my skin definitely feels and looks much more hydrated and has a certain glow about it. One little squeeze of the applicator gives enough product to cover my entire face. I tend to work the product slightly between my hands and then pat into my skin. This leaves no oily residue and literally melts into the skin ready for you to apply moisturiser over the top. Sometimes I skip moisturiser and just apply this alone as having slightly oily skin using a moisturiser as well can sometimes be a little overkill and I find using this alone hydrates my skin just as well. Now this product is not cheap, priced at £41 for a mere 30ml. After 4 weeks, using every evening I am approximately a third of the way down the bottle which means I could be looking at replacing this every 3 months working out on average £164 per year. Which, when you look at it like that is pretty darn expensive right? But then on the other hand I look at is as an investment, I mean you only get one face, right?  When I purchased this in House of Fraser they had an offer whereby the Advanced Night Repair came as part of a set with a 5ml sample of their eye cream which will last an age. I've been using a generous amount of the eye cream every evening for 4 weeks and haven't as much made a dent. In addition to the eye cream was included a 15ml night cream which again is a fair sized sample and I also got a free gift of deluxe samples of their popular day products. Not bad eh?