Tuesday 4 September 2012

REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Hello there friends! I am back from Paris and currently awaiting a delivery van to come and pick up the mountains of boxes which have been moved to the hallway of my parents house. So what better way to fill the time than a little blogging! This review has been a long time coming and I wanted to give the product a full test before I could report back to you guys and I have to say that even now I am still on the fence about this product! 


















Some time ago I bought the REN Glycolactic radiance renewal mask after hearing some other bloggers singing its praises. After buying the full sized bottle which is a hefty £38 for 50ml I was actually sent the sample sized via Whats in my Handbag. In hindsight I wish I had waited for this as I am not sure whether I would of purchased the full sized after trialling it. The idea of the mask is that rather than exfoliating the top layer of skin it actually penetrates through the layers to enable new skin cells to grow thus leaving you with a more radiant complexion. I used this after cleansing my skin. I usually use an old foundation brush to apply masks but this worked better using my finger tips to massage it into the skin, although it was rather messy and stick and what I can only describe as rubbing honey or jam all over my face, a very strange formulation to say the least. The aroma however is something I like, almost citrusy like bitter oranges. I know that this is going to be a love it or hate it scent. After about 10 minutes, I use a muslin cloth to remove. This is the nasty bit, even after several rinses I can't help but feel that there is a sticky residue left? Maybe this is just me? My skin definitely feels softer after using and a tad more plump, but for almost 40 quid I want the WOW factor with immediate results and unfortunately it did not give me that. Yes its a nice mask but the price tag alone puts me off purchasing again which is a shame as I am a fan of REN skincare. 

Have you tried this and what were your thoughts? Yay or nay?