Friday 21 December 2012

MEET THE #BBLOGGERS PART 3




This week pays tribute to the lovely Sarah from Flowers at Dawn. Sarah is a 20 year old student studying PR whilst working part-time in Lush. Originally from Scotland Sarah is hoping to make the big move to the South East (my neck of the woods) a brave move! Sarah blogs at Flowers at Dawn which hosts some amazing reviews along with a pretty cracking header if I do say!

1. How would you describe your blog? 

My blog is almost entirely beauty-focused, with lots of product reviews! I love to try new products and share my thoughts on them, especially when it comes to hyped up products because sometimes they're not worth the hype they receive. I like to think my blog is an honest source of information. I try not to take anything too seriously either, my blog is a hobby and an outlet for my feelings and expressions. I'd hate to feel restrained from writing what I really think. 


2. I am always interested in how people come up with the names for their blog, how did you ome up with yours?

I'm not really sure! My YouTube account had the name flowersatdawn which I made when I was about 14, and I think I just thought of that when I was trying to think of a name and thought it sounded okay. And it's just stuck!

3. How would you describe your style?

That's difficult! I'd say casual, but that implies trainers and I don't even own trainers. Then again, I'm a girl who hates heels and sparkly dresses. Probably laid back but I try to keep it "trendy" - emphasis on the try! Make- up wise, my style is quite understated - I like a flawless base, rosy cheeks, neutral eyes and the occasional bold lip for a special occasion. 

4. If you had to pick either an endless supply of clothes or an endless supply of makeup which would you choose?

Probably clothes. I'd end up with too much make-up that I didn't get along with, whereas clothes are easier for me to like!

5. What prompted you to start blogging?

Honestly, I was unemployed over the summer and I was sitting at home bored nearly every day with nothing to do. I wanted a hobby, and I had been reading a lot f beauty blogs so I thought I'd give it a shot! I've always wanted a hobby but I've never really been passionate about anything, I'm not sporty. So, beauty blogging it was!

6. Whats the one product that you regret buying?

Ooh, this is tough! I bought quite a few Soap and Glory 'slimming' creams to use before I went on holiday. I probably used them like 3 times max, and now they just sit in my cupboard untouched. I'm useless with things like this that take a good while to see results - I'm impatient, I want immediate results!

7. Do your family and friends know about your blog and do they read it?

I've only recently started telling "real life" people about my blog. I was really nervous and embarrassed about it, which is crazy! My friends are actually really supportive of it, and its great being able to keep them updated with it. 

8. Can you remember that first item of makeup you owned? If yes, what was it?

I have no idea! Probably a super cheap and nasty lipgloss that came free with Shout or Mizz magazine...

9. What was the first blog that you started reading?

I think it was Zoella or Gh0stparties

10. Tell me your absolute, hoy grail product, the one you buy again and again! 

Probably Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I don't even wear it everyday, but I need to have it in my makeup collection for those days when my skin just isn't co-operating and I need full coverage. I haven't been without a bottle of this since I was 16!

11. What part of blogging do you enjoy the most?

The blogging community, definitely. I love interacting with people who love beauty as much as I do, and I've met some truly lovely people through blogging. I  love receiving comments from my followers and knowing that people are interested in what you write is just amazing.

12. Finally, tell me your favourite blogs that you read religiously?


To find out more about Sarah head over to her blog for some amazing product reviews and tips by clicking the link below.