Sunday 10 June 2012

Base Makeup Routine

Base Makeup Routine
Foundation has always been my vice and a staple in my makeup routine, flittering between the EL invisible fluid and JK light as air. Recently however I have been bypassing a liquid foundation. I think its a mix between my skin behaving and the hotter weather but I haven't felt the need for a full coverage lately so I have had a little reshuffle of my old routine so let me introduce my new routine.

Firstly I smooth over Benefits POREfesional primer which gives a perfect smooth base and evens out my skin tone. I then use the YSL Touche Éclat on my under eyes, creases of my nose and the bridge of my nose and just blend using my fingers. This is pretty darn expensive but does the job better than any other highlighting concealer I have experienced. With that said though I have purchased a possible dupe of this which I am yet to try at only a fraction of the cost, so keep your eyes peeled for that one. The Touche Éclat doesn't really cut it when it comes to blemishes so any blemishes get a slick of Collection 2000 lasting perfection in shade 2. I up it to shade 3 when I am slightly more tanned and this works perfectly without looking cakey and also lasts almost all day without budging. Lately I have been toying with the idea of the Laura Mercier mineral powder but there has been such mixed reviews on it that I have been a little put off splashing 30 odd quid on something that isn't 'amazing'. So instead I have rediscovered MAC's mineralised skin finish in medium plus. This was a staple last summer but then kind of got pushed to the back of a drawer but I find that buffed into the skin using my Real Techniques buffing brush gives just the right amount of coverage without feeling like I am wearing a ton of slap. Finally I contour using the RT blush brush and the legendary that is NARs Laguna bronzer and et voila base complete. Of course I will then move onto brows, eyes, cheeks etc but this is just what I have currently been enjoying to achieve an (almost) flawless complexion.