Sunday 6 November 2011

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Mascara 2011

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all have had a lovely weekend and Bonfire Night last night. My lovely boyfriend took me to a local display. We actually discovered this display last year, but it was only by chance as we were driving past and missed a majority of the fireworks so we actually planned to go this year. We went for drinks and dinner beforehand before enjoying candy floss and donuts at the event. Did you do anything this year? I also can't believe it is almost Christmas and I have not even thought about Christmas shopping let alone started which means I really need to get more organised.

This blog is going to be on Rimmel Londons new Scanadaleyes Volume Flash Mascara. This was priced at £4.99 in Boots which I understand is a special introductory offer although is pretty damn reasonable for a mascara. The packaging is quite plain yet is a neon orange. Personally I think the packaging lets it down and seems to be aimed at a younger audience in my opinion and has a slightly cheap feel about it.



The thing that stood out to me was the brush. I love large mascara brushes and am a huge fan of Benefits Bad Gal mascara purely for this reason. I know a lot of people do not like a large brush and if that is you then this mascara is definitely not for you.




I thought being a cheaper mascara it would be quite thick and runny but the brush picks up just the right amount. However saying that, it was quite messy to apply and did need a little clean up afterwards. I also found that it did not dry as fast as some mascaras therefore after applying I still had to continue cleaning up as my lashes moved whilst applying the rest of my makeup which I found quite annoying. Especially as I like to do my eyeshadow first and cleaning up after can ruin it.

Now I have got the negative points out of the way I will go on to state what I did like. Firstly the large brush has a big thumbs up in my opinion and this gave my lashes quite a bit of volume and did not clump at all. Usually I would run a brush through them after applying to remove any clumps yet I found that this was not necessary.


Before
After
Im not sure whether I would personally purchase this again in the future but I would not say it was the worst mascara I had tried nor would I say it was the best. I do however think it is excellent value for money for the price I paid.


Becky x