Wednesday 16 November 2011

The Body Shop Rainforest Radiance Shampoo/Conditioner

Hey Everyone, 






Today I am back with a review on The Body Shops Rainforest Radiance Shampoo and Conditioner. I had never tried any of The Body Shops hair care range although I am a fan of their skincare and body lotions. I am unfortunate to suffer from a dry/itchy scalp which means that I am always on the hunt for a product that 'cures' this. I have tried medicated shampoos, and also shampoos designed for this condition yet nothing seems to have any long term effects, which is a pain. 




I was drawn to this range as it is contains NO silicones, sulphates, colourants or parabens which means it is designed to be gentle on the hair and scalp. I was a little worried as I had read somewhere that some shampoos without these products lack the lather you get with those that contain them. I should not have worried though as the shampoo produced a generous lather using the smallest amount of product.

The product contains pracaxi oil, bilberry extract and indeed oil designed to condition and nourish the hair. As my hair is recently coloured I opted for the range designed for coloured hair and this retails at £4 per bottle which is a little more expensive than a drugstore brand however nowhere near as expensive as a salon brand yet you get 250ml which is a fair amount. I've been using this for about 2 weeks now everyday and have not even used a quarter of the bottle which is good going for me :)

The conditioner is pretty much the same on the ingredients front although the bottle was a little hard to dispense but I am adamant that I just got a dodgy bottle. 

Now onto the amazing part...these products not only left my hair so soft and nourished and smelling gorgeous (the smell is A-mazing, very fresh and fruity) but it cleared up my scalp more than any medicated product has ever done so. I can only assume that before when using other brands that contained the above ingredients it was these that were irritating my scalp. Im so impressed with these that I certainly won't be returning to my previous shampoos and conditioners any time soon and will definitely be stocking up on these. 


What are your favourite Body Shop products lately?