Sunday 13 May 2012

Favourite Brow Products

Brow products, tweezerman, benefit, mac


When it comes to brow products I own a plethora of different products, I have tried them all, gels, powders, pencils you name it I have tried it. Its taken me some time to perfect the ideal routine that works for me that does not take ages in the morning. Skip back a year or so ago and I was guilty of neglecting my brows bar tweezing them and the odd threading appointment to keep their shape. It has taken me a while to discover that a good groomed brow can make all the difference when it comes to your overall makeup and now even if I am having a barely there makeup day I always ensure that my brows are 'done' before leaving the house. So with this in mind I have decided to throw together some of my most used products. 

When it comes to keeping my brows in place I tend to steer away from pricey brow gels in favour of a clear mascara. Boots 17 clear mascara is only a couple of quid yet does the trick, a quick swipe of this over each brow keeps those unruly little ones in place, you know the ones you daren't pluck or end up with a massive gap. If you are lucky enough to have a good shape but just a few sparse gaps then a powder is your friend. If I have not over plucked then I will alternate between MAC espresso used with an angled eyeliner brush or the Benefits brow kits. These kits are perfect for beginners as you get the whole shebang, tweezers, setting gel, and 2 shades. I tend to swap between Honey Pot if my hair is lighter and skin is looking a tad pale and Brown Sugar when I have darker hair and complexion as I do now. Although I have dark brows I always go for 1 or 2 shades lighter for a more natural appearance. Even if you have the blackest of brows I would steer clear of jet black unless you are favouring the painted on effect. As for tweezers you cant beat tweezerman in my opinion. They are on the pricey side but they do the job. If however they are out of your price range then just ensure that you get a good sharp pair, the ones from a christmas cracker are never going to cut it and you will end up doing more harm than good. At the moment however, I have been loving my Clinique Superfine liner (review here). I use it in soft brown. This is by far the best I have come across in regards to achieving a good shape if you are lacking slightly in the brow department. Due to the very thin tip it allows me to create small strokes that unless inspected closely you would not know weren't your own brows. Now I am no expert when it comes to eyebrow grooming these are just a few products that I find work for me. Let me know your favourite brow products.