Wednesday 3 April 2013

Current Makeup Base

skincare base featuring Laura Mercier and Macs Studio Sculpt Foundation

I have spoken about my love affair with Laura Merciers Tinted Moisturiser a while back (post here) and that has not altered. I am now happily scraping out the dregs of my second tube ready to move onto my third, a rather expensive obsession but one that I am happy to accept. Lately though I have felt my skin has needed that little extra coverage. I don't know whether its the lack of sun or the poor weather in general but its sucked the life out of my poor skin and I have been suffering with the odd pimple here and there. I have a love hate relationship with MAC Studio Fix and as much as I want to love it I find it a tad drying and a little cakey on my oily/combo skin. But not wanting to throw money down the drain for want of a better phrase I thought I would see how it faired teamed with my holy grail. The result? One pump of Laura Mercier plus one pump of Studio sculpt, mix together with a foundation brush (current brush of choice: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush) and apply. This little combo actually works. The moisturising properties of the LM give me the moisture that I need and actually takes away the cakiness of the Studio Sculpt whilst giving my skin that little extra coverage in a natural way. Finished off with a little MAC Moisture concealer and I am ready to face the day.  

Have you tried mixing up your products?