Tuesday 21 August 2012

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil | Review

This months Glossy Box paid tribute to 'International Superstars' by combining a selection of goodies from all over the globe. In light of the Olympics coming to an end this was a nice touch in my opinion. However as with all Glossy Boxes there are the odd duds but every now and again you come across a gem which prompts me to purchase the full size. This month it was the DHC deep cleansing oil from Japan. 




I had been looking into cleansing oils for a while now with the Shu Uemera one being a constant on my wish list. But I never know how my oily skin is going to react so I was happy to try this sample size of DHC to see how my skin reacts to oil cleansers. The sample I received was a generous 30ml. I love the fact that you literally shake it into your hand via the small hole in the top which means no messy spillages. The product itself promises to dissolve dirt, oil and makeup even waterproof mascara which is a winner for me as its the only type I ever wear. The oil formula is enriched with rosemary and olive oil and whilst there was only an ever so subtle hue of rosemary I could definitely catch a good whiff of the olive oil, not in a potent way though. The instructions state to massage into a dry face and then rinse. I did this before bed massaging it around my face and then gently rubbing my eye area before rinsing with a muslin cloth. Now, let me tell you this removes waterproof mascara and eye makeup like an absolute dream. It literally washes away every last dreg. Sometimes I will think I have removed every drop of my mascara but then still wake up with panda eyes, this was not the case with this as it removed every last drop! My skin felt thoroughy cleansed yet plumped at the same time and it definitely had a touch of radiance the following day. 

The sample size I received was 30ml whereas the full size 200ml retails at £18.50 and is definitely something I would consider purchasing in the future. With a weekend away on the horizon I will be saving this to take with me as the perfect travel companion! 

Did you get this with your Glossy Box? What were your thoughts?