Friday 27 January 2012

Liz Earle Brightening Treatment Mask and Exfoliator Review

Hey Everyone, 

I hope you are all having a great Friday :)! Todays blog is going to be about some Liz Earle products. To give you a little background I only discovered Liz Earle a few months ago after hearing some amazing reviews on the Hot Polish Cleanser. And let me say it did not disappoint and I am now on to my second bottle having been completely converted. Having been so impressed with the cleanser I thought I would check out some of the other products in the range and whilst browsing in John Lewis 2 or 3 weeks ago I left with the 'Gentle Face Exfoliator' and 'Brightening Treatment Mask'. 




What strikes me most about the Liz Earle range is the price. For a 'higher' end brand they are reasonably priced at approximately £13 per item. The mask I got was 50ml however given that I will only be using this once or twice a week should last a considerable amount of time. The same can be said for the exfoliant which is 70ml. I opted for the pump versions, although as with most of Liz Earle products you can usually get them in tube form as well. I only opted for the pump as I personally like this style and find it easier to store in the bathroom :).





Starting with the exfoliator I have been using this a couple of times a week, this being about the 3rd week. I generally use the Hot Cloth Cleanser with my Clarisonic, remove with a muslin cloth and then use the exfoliant afterwards. I tend to use 1-2 pumps but 1 should do you good and just use the tips of my fingers to work all over my face concentrating on my problematic areas which tend to be the nose and chin. I then rinse again using the same muslin cloth. Now, I have tried ALOT of exfoliants and a majority of them have so few beads that they don't actually feel as though they are making a difference however this had a lot of small beads which felt gentle but actually felt like they were doing a job. And the smell is gorgeous. As with most of Liz Earle products they have a generic scent, it is kind of spa like, herb-like even. I know some people have mentioned they dislike the scent yet this is something that draws me to the product, I love it! The only problem I did find is that you have to really rinse to ensure that all the product is removed and it is an idea to tone afterwards to ensure that all the exfoliating product is removed as if you leave any on you can definitely feel it when you apply moisturiser. 

Moving onto the mask. I tend to use this on the days where I exfoliate and usually do this in the evening when I have spare time. The instructions state to leave this on between 30 seconds and 2 mins so I tend to put this on before I jump in the bath or shower which is perhaps a little longer than recommended. The mask is a clay mask however I found that it did not dry like regular clay masks, this may have been as I used in the shower/bath and the steam prevented it yet I would of like to have seen it dry slightly. So I found this a little disappointing. Again, I remove this with a muslin cloth although unlike the exfoliant and hot cloth cleanser I have not seen a huge improvement whilst using this. Maybe I need to give it more time but although I would definitely 100% buy the cleanser again I am not so sure that I would buy the mask again. 

Have you tried these products and if so what are your thoughts? 

Becky